Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

"Stressed", if read backwards, is "desserts". Did you know that? I'm sure you already know or have heard of that. I only realized sometime last week, and Ian pointed it out to me earlier today. Haha. Who analyzes words anyway? I know "Anna" read backwards is still "Anna"...and "Level" would still be "Level". I tried searching for more and figured out that there's an actual term for this: palindrome. The most interesting one I found was: "A palindrome for overworked restaurant staff: stressed - no tips --> spit on desserts. Isn't it funny? :)

Anyway, I didn't really mean to blog about palindromes; I was just typing "stress" and the idea just came to me.
So, I'm really quite stressed right now - and I'm posting an entry which can do two things: make me freak out more about my exam tomorrow OR make me feel better once I actually release my stress through this entry. I really do hope that it's the latter. I really do.

So, let me tell you more about my exam schedule - boooring, but I'm going to write about it anyway (:. So tomorrow, I'll be writing my first exam, for this course called Logic of Social Inquiry. It's this Sociology course that I have to take for my major. The exam's all short answer questions. It's a pain, but whatevs. The day after tomorrow, I'll have my Health Psychology exam. It's kinda sorta interesting but a wee bit difficult. Exam is essay-based, and I'm really scared for it. I'm SO not prepared. My third and last exam is for a Philosophy of Business course - possibly the most challenging philosophy course I've ever taken. And it's on a Saturday, yes this Saturday. And what a great time they picked: 8am - 11am, on a freaking Saturday! Buses don't even travel that early on weekends! !#$%!^

I guess I'm still pretty lucky to have only 3 exams, and be done on the first week of exams. Unlike some people I know - ahem - Ian - ahem. Boo, Ian has 5 exams and he's done on the 19th! And guess what? He's leaving for NYC on the 21st! I've got less than 2 days to spend with him. Guess I'm not spending Christmas with my loverboo. ;__;

So...it's 11:15pm. I have about 4 more chapters to go through...I guess I should log off for now, and go back and read this boring text.

Oh, and I woke up this morning with dry, irritated throat. I get that sometimes, but today it seemed to be prolonged. Now I feel a bit feverish. God, I hope not. Grant me the power to be on my optimum health tomorrow and the next few days! I'm crossing my fingers. Wish me luck. I'm gonna need plenty of falling stars for good luck. I hope I see one before I finally drag myself to bed tonight.


So, do you know any more interesting palindromes?

(5) Comments

  1. Unknown On Wed Dec 10, 12:13:00 AM

    baby...well YOU are the one who are not coming to NYC with me =( boo u...but im sorry i couldnt spend xmas with u...i promise ill make it up during new year's eve or something =)..good luck on ur exams! YOU CAN DO IT..dont stress!

    I miss you =( and i hate how im done on the 19th.so i cant really spend much time with u....but I promise..i will make it up..someday =D..love u!

     
    Anonymous On Wed Dec 10, 08:40:00 AM

    you looks tired and stressed on that pic sis.. tsk tsk..

    i just knew that "stressed" word from a t-shirt which was written also in backwards. didnt know that its called as palindromes. thanks for the info sis. =)

    for sure you'll miss him much specially Christmas pa siya wala..but he promise naman that he'll be with you on new year's eve. :) sweet. =)

    you should take a rest. get well soon sis. :)

     
    Tiff k On Wed Dec 10, 09:30:00 AM

    Hello there sis! whoa, you do look tired based from the pic! Yah, i love words like that noh>? hehe. You should get some rest while studying for those exams! Treat yourself afterwards with something, hehe go hang with your bf while you can! hehe.

    Good luck with the exams ah? I also have papers to finish, good luck to both of us!! =)

     
    DC On Thu Dec 11, 09:41:00 PM

    did you know that Naomi spelled backwards is I Moan? LMFAO

     
    Anonymous On Thu Dec 11, 10:28:00 PM

    Palindromes are interesting! Haha but you've mentioned those that were on my mind :p Anyway i'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling stressed lately. Hope things will get better with you and get well soon too! :)