Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

spam sushi anyone?

Friday, March 06, 2009 3 comments

I found this little recipe article on Yahoo!. Everyone knows I love food..hence the random food blog entries. Or...maybe I'm just getting a wee bit hungry now. It's 4:30 pm...I'm ready for my pre-dinner snack...


Well, guess what this is...? Spam sushi. I've heard of it once before, maybe twice, but I haven't really seen what it looks like, nor have I tasted it.

It looks plain yet, I can imagine this taste in my mouth...spam..rice.. and soy sauce..?? Don't get me wrong...I'm very open about trying this...since it's not as exotic as, say, sea urchins or... I don't know...eel. But, my only concern is...isn't Spam already full of sodium in the first place? Very salty "meat"...with soy sauce makes it a very salty sushi. But, I guess you can choose not to dip in soy sauce...whatever floats your boat.

I really want to taste it. I don't exactly know where they would serve it here, where I live, but with all my "culinary experience" - when I say "culinary experience", I mean cooking very easy, basic cooking like...breakfast foods, like Spam! Ta-da! Maybe I'll try it, and I'll write up my own personal review on Spam sushi. It said on the article that this is very popular in Hawaii...any Pacific Islanders/hawaiians who want to comment on this entry? :) If you've tried it, let me know what you think! :o)



By the way, today is Friday, and it's a very wonderful day! It seems like winter is slowly creeping away and finally giving way to Spring. I wish Spring would come soon - like now! I've got no complains today, though, considering the very warm weather of 15 degrees. I love it! Such a change from the cold winter weather of -15! Yikes! Keep shining, sun! :o)

(3) Comments

  1. Anonymous On Fri Mar 06, 07:37:00 PM

    looks super yummy! di ko akalain na pwede ang spam!

     
    Anonymous On Sun Mar 08, 11:15:00 PM

    I wanna try it too! SPAM! I love spam! But you're right. Soy sauce is a no-no. It would be too salty. Eeek!

     
    Anonymous On Tue Mar 10, 03:28:00 AM

    the spam sushi looks delish!!!

    btw, thanks for the drop by at my blog. sure i'd love to exchange links with you. i'll put your link soon! thanks!