Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Hey folks! As I mentioned on my previous post, I've been thinking up plans and ideas for my 21st birthday. So, my birthday is not until the 29th of June - still quite some time from now, but I need to plan stuff out now because my summer school starts next week, and I'm going to be a whole lot busy again.

If you didn't already notice, I've put up a poll on the right side of my blog. Vote please! :) I'm not sure how helpful the votes will be, but for sure it can help in my decision making.
So here are my options (at the moment):

1. Going to the beach.
Now, I live in Canada, Toronto area to be more specific. There are absolutely no "real" beaches here. I grew up in Manila and I've been to many nice beaches in the Philippines, which you cannot compare with "beaches" here. Here, we have a lake and sandy patches of land. The beach would be my first pick for a birthday getaway, if only the beaches were nice. I have a couple of options: Sauble beach (which is ~3 hours away), or other beaches that are 2.5 - 3 hours away. The reason why I'm considering this is because it will be summer time and who wouldn't want to bask under the sun?
So onto my next option...

2. Cocktail party.
I know that if I lived in the US, turning 21 is a big deal, being legal to drink and all. Well I don't live there, but turning 21 is kind of a big deal to me. I'm not a big drinker myself, and I'm not exactly planning to get drunk on my big day, but a grown-up cocktail party seems to be best suited for a 21st birthday party. Plus, I want to get all glammed up for my big day! :)

3. Fancy dinner.
I love eating out (especially with Ian)! We eat out all the time - that's like the common thing that we both enjoy. But we don't always get to eat out in a fancy restaurant (because duh, we're students and we're broke - well, I am - from our tuition debts). So, this seems to be a really great option for a laid-back celebration. And then perhaps go to a lounge after the dinner to sit-back and relax and enjoy the company of friends.

4. Themed party.
This is my last option just because it takes too much time and effort to plan. I don't have both. It would be fun though! Any ideas fora themed party that's simple?

Plans, plans...well, I hope you can vote on my poll or leave me a message/comment here on what you think is the best plan for a 21st birthday party! :)

- How old are you & when is your birthday?
- How did you celebrate your birthday?

Next entry sneak peek: birthday wish lists and more!

(6) Comments

  1. Dee On Thu May 07, 05:02:00 PM

    Wow! You're turning legal. Hehe! :) Well, advance happy birthday to you. Aww! Walang beach dyan sa Canada? Tss, That sucks. :|

    Hmm. Those ideas are cool. But the themed party is what I like best. Hehe! It's just really unique. The cocktail is good also. :)

    - How old are you & when is your birthday? 17 and it's on the 26th of Feb.
    - How did you celebrate your birthday? Simple. Just hung out with my friends and simple handaan sa bahay with LOTS of food. :))

     
    Unknown On Thu May 07, 11:10:00 PM

    i say get away to the beach for a weekend =D it would be nice =D just becoz i know cocktail party is not really ur thing and u dont really like drinking that much..i know u want that just becoz u can dress up....well u can dress up for dinner too! i will take u to somewhere nice at the beach =D with all our close friends =D

     
    Marian On Thu May 07, 11:15:00 PM

    Hey! Well.. since eating out is a common thing that you do.. you need to change it up for this birthday. Its a special one! I personally think going to Sauble beach is awesome! I love the cocktail party idea too. But cocktail parties are costly and its just for one night. The beach could be a whole weekend celebration! Make it last!:)

    Bon Chance!

    xoxo
    Luv

     
    Gel On Fri May 08, 01:42:00 AM

    Maybe that themed party is something different. You're turning 21 already? Nice! Same here. I'm older by a month though. Haha.

    - How old are you & when is your birthday? Turning 21 on the 25th.

    - How did you celebrate your birthday? I usually just go out with my super close friends and family.

     
    kyela On Fri May 08, 05:18:00 AM

    hi diandra.. i like your lay-out. :) i'll be back to read more of your entries in the weekend.. tc!

     
    sarah On Mon May 18, 02:19:00 AM

    Hmm... well in South Africa it`s a tradition to have themed parties for youe 21st! I don`t know why... maybe it`s just an excuse to do something and not act our age! :)

    I had a vegas theme! dress theme was - high rollers! and we played poker. it was pretty awesome and didnt take too much time! (i hate planning! bleugh!)