Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Hello 2009!

Friday, January 02, 2009 , , 8 comments

Ringing in the New Year
Wow, who feels brand new? I do! :) How's your 2009 coming along so far? How did you all celebrate your holidays? I hope you had as much fun as I did on New Years Eve! Just like last year, my family & I (and Ian came along after having dinner with his family) celebrated New Year's Eve at our family friends' house. They've got a really big place so it can fit a lot of people, and yes, there were a lot of people! And no one parties like Filipino families! There were so much food and drinks, it's ridiculous! I'm pretty surprised with myself though; in parties like the one we just had, I usually eat a lot, especially if there are a lot of people eating too! I did eat quite a lot of desserts though, it was my sweet tooth!

Anyway, I was just glad that 2008 is over! 2009 has been great for me so far. I'm sensing some (positive) changes are about to happen & I'm super excited about it. I'm happy with myself right now; I feel like I'm
really going to do it this year, I'm really going to make it, and I'm really going to make this happen! I'm loving it so far! My plan was to start the year right, and I'm pretty confident that I'd done that. There's nowhere else to go but up, up and away! This year, I'm going to take over!!! :o)

The blog title
Ever notice the blog title?
Taking Chances. No, not the Celine Dion song! I want this to be sort of a guidance/guide phrase for me to live by this year. I always find myself "just here" and never really "out there", and this year, I plan to be "out there". Over the years, I tend to be more passive than assertive and maybe that's one reason why I'm not moving up (or at least it feels like it). So, this year, I'm going to take chances and take more risks and be more confident doing it (and look good doing it too!). I'm hopeful that I'm going to be successful this year (whatever that means to me). Wish me luck, folks!

Starting Project 365

If you're wondering if I've started the photo project, well yes I have! You can find it & view the photos here
. I made a separate blog for the project, just so it won't interfere with my personal blog. I'll also put a link at the bottom, so you can find the link there as well. Follow me in my 365-day photo journey! :o)

I'm going to end this entry with a few quotes I found about taking chances. Also, I'm going to share with you guys some photos from the New Year's Eve party. Enjoy!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
-Mark Twain
"Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. "
~ Frederick B. Wilcox
"Leap and the net will appear."
~ Zen Saying

(8) Comments

  1. Anonymous On Sat Jan 03, 07:09:00 AM

    lol,so nice

     
    Anonymous On Sat Jan 03, 10:49:00 PM

    Goodluck to the Project :) It's 2009 let's all face it with bright smile, btw,,do visit my health and beauty blog @ http://candy-blush.net there might be things that interest you. and do join CANDY CHIC OF THE MONTH :)

     
    Anonymous On Sun Jan 04, 05:26:00 AM

    Good luck to us in our Project 365s, I hope it will be a success! Heehee. It's cool that you got to celebrate with your family AND your boyfriend! Hehe too bad Nino wasn't around coz he was with his family too. Oh well :)

    Good luck in being more assertive. I need to be more assertive too!

     
    jlove On Sun Jan 04, 03:15:00 PM

    aww! your pic with ian is sooo cute!!!

     
    Anonymous On Tue Jan 06, 06:29:00 PM

    Good Blog, I think I want to find me, I will tell my other friends, on all

     
    -tina- On Thu Jan 08, 05:55:00 AM

    sayang no di na nkapagxmas jan si lola anday.. :) uwi ata xa samen eh suguro sa summer. pinauwi na niya gamit niya.. :)

     
    Anonymous On Fri Jan 09, 09:06:00 PM

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

    -my all time fav quote. nice.
    happy new year to u.

     
    Anonymous On Wed Feb 04, 11:13:00 AM